Sunday, June 19, 2011

Ghost writer! Take it away...

My Fave SA


McFlaps Urban Education-Intro 101

Aloha fellow readers of STARLA WAS HERE. I would like to introduce myself as B. McFlaps. I am an active artist both on and off the streets of Honolulu. Many thanks to Starla Biz for this opportunity to express and discuss street ART and its many incarnations.

Art is an effective tool of expression that can break down barriers and reconcile differences. Art has had an influence on man ever since we found it etched in prehistoric caves. Here in Hawaii, it was petroglyphs that furnished the islands. These are examples of the earliest form of visual communication and social media.

From cave walls to Facebook walls, as technology expands, so do our social circles. As everything becomes "tagged", "liked", "shared", and a "favorite", we have the ability to instantly express ourselves in larger circles, making the world a smaller place.

My desire is to discuss and explore forms of expression that some might overlook or dismiss. There are those of us expressing ourselves in the world all around us. We speak to you from the street signs, lamps, poles, electric boxes and alley walls. Look up or down and all around hidden or hanging from telephone wires down to the ground you walk on, we are there. Some call it vandalism, some graffiti, some street ART. What do you think?

                                                                                  peck, peck B. McFlaps


Rewritten by moi XOXO Starla Biz

1 comment:

  1. Shad Harper of Thirtynine HotelJune 19, 2011 at 7:01 AM

    Hi! This is great. I personally view my entire life as a truly cinematic experience, and every movie needs sets. The type of art you describe for me is in a large way many people creating a set, a background for the scenes I live through. For this and many other reasons, I appreciate you all, and cant wait to see what you have in store for me..right on!

    ReplyDelete