Friday, May 27, 2011

P.S.D. & the ladies...

Aloha yʻall

                 Yesterday May 26, 2011 was a busy day, I rolled out of bed and it was Photo Shoot Day, Yay! at my house. I started off with Vanessa Brandstetter, ten minutes early, this is a talented soon-to-be-Hawaii-certified-Hair-and-Makeup-ARTISTE. Next in Elyssa Xavier, the model, her wardrobe and then MICK MOTOR and his assistant Bill Peters. There was hair, makeup, preparation of four different "looks", three different locations within the house and voila, a photo! The time span from start to finish was four hours. These things take time, effort, negotiation, makeup touch up, hair fixes, flexibility of wardrobe,  and general coaxing of everything in "THE SHOT" to get "THE SHOT". What you think we just do this? There was a team working to get some "SHOTS", more on this l8r.

The photo shoot was done, then I had to meet up with Katherine Rita of b2c jewelry at Art and Flea at Fresh Cafe, 831 Queen Street. I had jewelry on loan for the fashion show part of BIRDS IN THE CITY that happened last Friday, May 20, 2011 at Lotus Downtown. Thank you and XOXO Katherine, there has not been time to meet up between last Friday and now because of our busy schedules. I was impressed by the set up of Art and Flea, yep it was my first time and I looked around indoor, outdoor, upstairs and saw cute stuff, really good prices and a lot of people doing their thang. This was a terrific environment to bask in the glow of creativity and productivity and buy, buy, buy. Katherine Rita, my friend is there along with the rest of ʻem check them out every third Thursday of the month. For more info. check out art and flea fresh cafe online.

Iʻm outside on the makeshift lanai and what do I hear but this track, you know the one above, "Julio Bashmore, Battle for middle you". My head whipped around and I rushed to the KTUH tent and who is playing but Tara Hite, a friend and KTUH Dj, Thursday mornings from 6-9am. I begged her for this track name and I got it and my theme for today, Ladies doing their thing here in Honolulu. There are more than I have listed for sure and guys too. I got to thinking of these specific women, Vanessa Brandstetter, ten minutes early H/S/MA, Elyssa Xavier, model, Katherine Rita, jewelry designer, Tara Hite, Dj & UH student & myself Starla Biz, designer, first-time blogger on fashion, music, and lifestyle:nobody is giving us anything, we TAKING it! I want you to take it. I have sat on the sidelines, now Iʻm in the game, getting dirty and itʻs fun!  Maybe thereʻs something YOU really, really want to do, well...Just Do It and keep on DOING IT! Good luck, best wishes and a lot of hugs.


                                                                                         Starla Biz

P.S. Thanks again to Anthony Akana :)
                                        
                                                                 Outtakes for you!
Vanessa B. H/S & MA and Elyssa X. Model

A possible sock candidate, heh heh

Outtake from our last in-house locale

A cute buy from Art and Flea, Awww

1 comment:

  1. hey it's kev just wanted to drop a line and say hello. i linked you up from my lame music blog haha

    http://kennyconga.blogspot.com/

    hope you are well...

    ReplyDelete