Saturday, May 7, 2011

Is Street ART a crime?

 May 7, 2011

Aloha yʻall

                 I have had an interesting couple of months, and it had to do with BIRDS IN THE CITY! There was a venue change and it worked out better, I hope! What is Street Art? Post graffiti is a good way to start to explain what it is. Its newer then the graffiti I grew up with. Walls were done up and the trains, dope! Post graffiti can be stencils, stickers, characters, etc... The expression is creative and the viewer feels the find. I heart STREETART. Then I found a DOPE street artist who became a friend, collaborator, co-conspirator. I don't want to peep up for him but my creativeness is on high when we work together. :)

Vandalism, de-facing of public property, this is all some people see. Remember BIRDS IN THE CITY! well I was working with my peep on some handbags. And then his "streetwork" was highlighted and not in a good way. The venue change happened because I believe in the ART in Street ART. This is how Is StreetART a crime? was born. It was something I tossed and turned on one night. I think my friend is dope, I think his streetart is KILLER!!! Way beyond!!! etc. I get excited when I view it and I want to view it. Those that know me know I joke about "the man" a lot, well "the man" does not look at this at all. Vandalism is a crime but if thats all you see then you are missing out on ALOT!

Is streetART a crime? Is here to focus on the ART and the heart of the street artist. I have to take the artist off the street for now, so you can see what I see. DOPENESS! This has been done with commissioned walls before but that takes away the edge, and the edge is fun! Is streetART a crime? is looking for as an example:sidewalks, bathrooms, a couple random tiles, signs, and a wall would be nice. Of course this is on private property to build aloha between artist and artist, artist and business owner, artist and law enforce ment. Change is good and we want to keep things fresh so we will be changing monthly. The first piece will be unveiled at BIRDS IN THE CITY, May 20, 2011 from 7pm to 10pm at Lotus Downtown, 34 N. HOTEL STREET, Honolulu, HI. This is a fashion/art event and we donʻt take ourselves seriously at all, attitude and style will be present.

Shogunai Tacos is the second bizness to take us on. This will be on the vid-e-o screen, and that truck is all over Oahu. Shogunai Tacos has elevated the taco to gourmet heights. YUM! We are hoping to have a vid-e-o up a week after BIRDS IN THE CITY.  I am on the lookout for some new businesses to join this venture, if interested email me at starlabizyall@gmail.com.

StreetART has arrived on the island(s). This is an exciting time at the beginning. All I want is for you to see what I see. Wish us luck! this is lofty. Is streetART a crime? is here.                                            

Starla Biz and the dopest peep she knows xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment